During the months of pregnancy and preparing to welcome new life into your family, it is important for you as Christian parents to plan for your child's welcome into the Christian Community. The sacrament of Baptism begins your child's faith journey as a Christian.
Preparing For Your Child's Baptism
- If this is your first child or if you have not previously attended the Baptism Preparation Class, please contact the parish office at 608-271-7421 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the class. Baptism Preparation Classes are usually held on the first Tuesday of the month from 7 - 8:15 p.m., in the Church Conference Room, but please confirm that when you register for the class. The godparents for your child are welcome to attend the class with you.
- After the birth of your child, contact the parish office to schedule a date for the Baptism. Baptisms are usually held on Sunday twice a month at 12 p.m.
- On the Sunday of the Baptism, please arrive by noon. Someone from St. Maria Goretti's Baptism Preparation Ministry will greet you and show you to your place in the church.
- Tuesday, July 7
- Tuesday, August 4
- Tuesday, September 1
- Tuesday, October 6
- Tuesday, November 3
- Tuesday, December 1
- Tuesday, January 5
- Tuesday, February 2
- Tuesday, March 2
- Tuesday, April 6
- Tuesday, May 4
- Tuesday, June 1
- The parent(s) must be registered parishioners of St. Maria Goretti Catholic Church. Non-parishioners need a letter of delegation from their parish priest.
- At least one Godparent must be a practicing Catholic, at least 16 years of age, and confirmed in the Catholic faith. A non-Catholic may stand as a witness of the Baptism; she/he must be baptized in a Christian faith and be of sufficient age and maturity to understand his/her role of supporting the parents in bringing up the child as a Christian.
Return to Sacraments
Support Our Parish
In gratitude for God’s generosity, we dedicate a sacrificial portion of our gifts of time, talent, and treasure to serve Christ and His Church by supporting the needs of our parish.