Why Catholic School?
From the USCCB and NCEA on our Catholic schools:
- 2 million students are educated in Catholic preschools, elementary and secondary schools.
- 13 to 1 is the student-to-teacher ratio in Catholic schools nationwide.
- 1,200 Catholic high schools educate more than 578,000 students.
- 94% of Catholic elementary schools and 97% of Catholic high schools provide some form of tuition assistance.
- 85.7% of Catholic secondary students go on to four-year colleges, compared to 39.4% of public school graduates.
- 20.3% of Catholic school students are racial minorities.
- $24 billion per year is saved by U.S. taxpayers based on the average public school cost of $12,608.
- 5,325 Catholic elementary schools educate more than 1.3 million students.
- 151,101 total full-time equivalent teaching staff serve Catholic schools across the country.