We are very pleased that you are considering St. Maria Goretti Catholic School for your child's education and faith formation! There are many important things to consider when selecting the right school for your children; let us help make it just a bit easier by providing all the basic information about St. Maria Goretti right here! If you don't see what you're looking for here, please give us a call at 608-271-7551, or email us at email@example.com.
St. Maria Goretti is located on the southwest side of Madison, near the intersection of Whitney Way and Raymond Road, minutes from the Beltline and Verona Road.
|St. Maria Goretti School Office
5405 Flad Ave
Madison, WI 53711
SMG School Hours:
K-8: Monday 7:40 a.m. - 2:10 p.m.
Tues-Fri 7:40 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
PreK: AM - 7:50-11:30 a.m.
- Religion classes taught by homeroom teacher
- Twice a week Mass attendance
- First Communion and First Reconciliation - Grade 2
- Monthly Community Circle celebrations
- Schoolwide and single-grade service projects
- Strong academic curriculum
- Systematically updated curriculum revision
- Spanish - Grades 2-8
- Library available to all grades
- Exceptional Fine Arts programs
- Weekly computer classes - K-8
- Computer lab
- iPads, Chromebooks and laptops available across all grade levels
- Smart boards and/or projectors in all classrooms
- Google docs introduced and used beginning in Grade 5
- Keyboarding skills begin in Grade 3
- Weekly office updates via email
- Up-to-date school website and teacher websites
- TeacherEase online grade reporting for Grades 5-8
- Friday Folders brought home by students
- Teacher Aides - K-4
- Learning Resources Teachers
- Reading Specialist
- School Counselor
- Cardinal Ambassadors Student Government - Grades 6-8
- Athletic Program - Grades 5-8
- Overture Band Program - Grades 4-8
- Big Buddies/Little Buddies - Grades PK-8
- Hot lunch program with two entrees and salad bar
- Assistance in finding transportation for after school care
- Numerous volunteer opportunities
- After school activities: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Girls on the Run, Born to Move
2016-17 Enrollment: 435 students
One child: $4,135
Two children: $ 8,040
Three children: $11,598
Four children: $12,036
Five children: $12,474
Six children: $12,912
Non-parishioner tuition - $5,235
3-year-old students T/Th a.m. - $215/month = $1,935/year
4-year-old students M/W/F a.m. - $280/month = $2,520
Financial aid is available to qualifying parish families.
*Preschool is a self-supporting program; financial aid is not available for this program.
SCRIP Program to offset tuition Financial Aid (contact Principal)
Home and School Board
Busing provided to areas designated by MMSD
Living in Faith, Growing in Character, Loving Each Other
The faculty and staff of St. Maria Goretti Catholic School share in the teaching ministry of our parish to bring Christ's message to our students. We believe that every child is a unique creation of God, worthy of the opportunity to develop to his/her fullest potential in a safe and caring environment. We will provide our students with prayer and worship experiences, high academic standards, service opportunities and guidance and support toward healthy personal growth. We recognize and value the partnership that parents and teachers have in the successful education of all students. As members of the St. Maria Goretti Catholic School Community, we embrace these responsibilities of our teaching ministry.
Original classrooms for the school were in the Parish Center building, which was built in 1961 at the corner of Flad Ave. and Gilbert Rd. Four sisters from the order of Oblates to Divine Love (now known as Sister Oblates to the Blessed Trinity) came from New York and were the school's first teachers. St. Maria Goretti School opened in 1964 with 87 students in grades 3 through 5. Eight classrooms were added in 1965, serving grades 3 through 6; grade 7 was added in 1966, grade 8 in 1967, grades 1 and 2 in 1968 and finally kindergarten in 1980. Music and art rooms were added to the building in 1980.
School Secretary and Youth Ministry Program Assistant