Home and School Association
SMG Home & School Board 2018-2019
Malina Piontek - Pres. email@example.com; 444-8788
Sherry Block - VP/Enrichment firstname.lastname@example.org; 608-772-5612
Lisa Conwell - Treasurer - email@example.com, 354.9429
Kelly Robinson - Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleen Martinelli - Room Parent Coord. - email@example.com 239.5450
Julie Henrickson -Room Parent Coord. - firstname.lastname@example.org 414.964.0358
Betsy Burns - Development email@example.com
Lynne Brown - Development - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wayne Crokus - PR email@example.com 354.1370
Alecia Jacobson - Social - firstname.lastname@example.org 622.9100
Holly Benson - Social - email@example.com; 203-5480
The St. Maria Goretti Home and School Board represents the St. Maria Goretti Home and School Association. The Home and School Association is made up of parents or legal guardians of currently enrolled students, the parish pastor, the school faculty and the school administration.
The objectives of the Association are to promote an appreciation of the Catholic education, promote a cooperative spirit between teachers, students and parents, provide leadership and organization of projects which assist the school in carrying out its philosophy and provide leadership and organization assistance in extracurricular activities.
Following are some details regarding the operations of the Home & School Association:
- We are a voting Board which requires a majority vote to approve all motions and proposed expenses.
- We are funded by the SCRIP program and the proceeds of the Annual Rummage Sale. Our working budget is based on the net revenue of these two items. The budget is developed in August and voted on at the first Home & School meeting of each school year. The Home & School budget is separate from the actual school budget which is funded separately.
- The meetings are open to all members; however, if you wish to speak or discuss specific topics or information, you must notify the president one week prior to the meeting in order to be put on the agenda. This is necessary for time management and to ensure you get your full opportunity to speak before the board.
- Our By-laws and Constitution state specifics in terms of objectives, officer positions, committees and their functions and all other rules regarding board member obligations.
- Our monthly meeting minutes are posted below.
- We do not make decisions on curriculum, school policy or anything regarding the SMG staff.
- Board member nomination forms are sent home in the Cardinal envelope in March for openings for the following year.
- The Home & School Association is responsible for offering, organizing and funding enrichment activities for all grade levels. This is done through special programs, field trips, speakers, performance and other activities that enhance the learning environment for all students.
- The Home & School Association plans Catholic Schools Week with the assistance of the Principal, Assistant Principal and the teaching staff.
2018-2019 Home and School Board Meeting Dates and Minutes
November 14 (tentative)
January 9, 2019
All meetings are at 6:30 p.m. in school office conference room.