Catholic Schools Week
Catholic Schools Week 2021
January 31 – February 6, 2021
Catholic Schools Week is our favorite week of the year as we celebrate our school. In a typical year, the week is filled with fun uniform/non-uniform days, field trips, service projects, spelling bee, Super Bowl of books, and guest readers. Although things look a little different this year, we are still looking forward to all the fun activities we have scheduled.
Events & Activities
Food Drive - February 1-5
Food donations are always low at this time of year. Let’s work together to help fill the shelves with much needed items at St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry.
Please see the list below for the items assigned to your grade level. Each classroom will have a box to collect your donations. St. Vincent de Paul is working to provide healthier options for the clients they serve so we ask that you honor them by only providing the items listed. Thank you for your generous donations!
- Kindergarten - Pancake Mix
- Grade 1 - Cereal (whole grain)
- Grade 2 - Canned Salmon, Tuna or Chicken
- Grade 3 - Rice (brown)
- Grade 4 - Beans (kidney, pinto, garbanzo or black)
- Grade 5 - Cooking Oil (canola, olive, peanut, sesame or vegetable)
- Grade 6 - Pasta (whole wheat – spaghetti, macaroni, penne, etc.)
- Grade 7 - Sugar
- Grade 8 - Flour
- SMG Staff - Spaghetti Sauce (no glass bottles)
Activities Scheduled by Teachers
- Book Buddies: Classes will meet virtually with their buddy class. They will make “hearts” to be given to health care workers. We will distribute to the three major hospitals.
- Grades K-2: “Guest Mystery Reader(s)” to virtually read a favorite book to K-2 students. Ask your child who read to them.
- Grades K-8: Classroom projects to be determined by grade.
- I am thankful for my Catholic School Community because…. Writing / Drawing activity. We will display these in the school.
Calendar of Events
Monday, February 1
- “Donut” Feel good to go to St. Maria Goretti!
- Non-uniform day: Favorite Sport team/Jersey day! (Students can wear a nonuniform bottom, but if leggings are worn, students must have something over them).
- Grade 1-4 at Mass
- Spelling Bee - 9 a.m.
- All School Prayer Service - 2:15 p.m.
Tuesday, February 2
- Non-uniform day: Dress up as your Dream Job
- Grades 2-3 at Mass
Wednesday, February 3
- Asynchronous Day
Thursday, February 4
- Non-uniform day: Wear crazy socks/hat/accessories day! (Students can wear a nonuniform bottom, but if leggings are worn, students must have something over them).
- Grades 5-6 at Mass
Friday, February 5
- Spirit Day: Wear your Goretti Wear of red and white
- Grade 7-8 at Mass
- Trivia Day for Grade 5-8 with popcorn
- Movie and popcorn for K-4 Grade
Return to School
Support Our Parish
In gratitude for God’s generosity, we dedicate a sacrificial portion of our gifts of time, talent, and treasure to serve Christ and His Church by supporting the needs of our parish.