High School Youth Ministry
Follow our new Instagram Youth Ministry account @stmariagorettiym for updates and more!
High School Youth Ministry is an experience of teen faith formation and preparation for Confirmation. Teens are encouraged to grow in their personal faith. We invite teens to look at their life experiences and recognize and respond to God’s constant loving presence and God’s call in their lives. Our goal is also to help teens grow in their understanding of and connection to the Church.
High School Youth Ministry has three main parts:
- Sessions meet Sunday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. from late September through April. Occasionally we meet at a different date or time for speakers or sessions that we do in collaboration with other parishes. Check our calendars for dates and times.
- Sessions are a combination of large and small group formats that include teaching, discussion, prayer, reflection and fellowship through the use of use of speakers, multi-media, activity, discussion, music and liturgy.
- Sessions meet primarily in the parish school
- Through community service we encourage teens to adopt a lifestyle of faithful service to others as disciples of Jesus.
- 25 hours of meaningful community service is expected each year.
- Up to half of their hours can be earned starting in the summer.
- Students track their hours and turn them in to their small group leaders when they are finished. Click here for Record of Hours form (PDF)
In the second year of the HSYM program.
- The retreat is a time set aside for prayer & reflection to help confirmation candidates focus on their interior spiritual life & their personal relationship with Jesus, and to help them discern their response to God’s outpouring of love and how they will live out this Sacrament as a regular part of the parish.
- Teens have consistently reported the retreats to be the highlight of their year, standing out as major turning points in their faith.
- Retreats are scheduled for mid November and late January. Teens in the second year of the program must attend one of the weekends
- Retreats are off site. We leave from the parish by bus at 8 a.m. on Saturday and return by about 2:30 or 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.