Donate-Support our Parish
There are a number of ways you can support our parish!
To make a monetary donation to St. Maria Goretti Parish, please bring or mail a check payable to St. Maria Goretti to the Parish Office:
5313 Flad Ave.
Madison, WI 53711
Make a donation/payment online
Click here to go to our online payment site to make your donation online.
Please pray for our parish, including our priests, religious sisters, staff, school faculty and staff, and all of our parishioners. We strengthen each other through prayer!
Time and Talent
Volunteers are needed in many capacities to help us present opportunities for all of us to grow in faith, love and fellowship! Read about opportunities.
Financial support is essential for operating this large parish! We provide a number of ways you can financially support SMG:
Each year in the fall, we conduct our Annual Pledge Drive to raise money for our operating funds for our growing and vibrant parish. This fund supports salaries for our parish staff, utilities, insurance, ongoing repairs and maintenance, and support of our parish school.
Please go to the online Annual Pledge Form to indicate your level of support, which is given via your weekly Sunday envelopes, online giving, EFT or bank pay (call the parish office to learn more). Download the Annual Pledge Form PDF here to complete and return to the parish office.
Make a donation in memory or in honor of a loved one.
Estate Planning/Planned Giving
Remember St. Maria Goretti in your will or trust
When considering gifts to a charity in your will or trust, please remember your parish!
There are many ways you can remember SMG when making plans for your finances. Gifts to SMG can not only provide a financial benefit to your parish, but it also leaves a legacy of your faith and your commitment to our church. Gifts can be made via your will or trust to the parish in a variety of ways including:
- A specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate
- A particular asset such as real estate or other valuables
- You may also name the parish as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or life insurance policy.
- Charitable Rollover - individuals who are 70-1/2 or older can roll over up to $100,000 from an individual retirement account (IRA) directly to a qualifying charity without recognizing the assets transferred to the qualifying charity as income.
- Honor a deceased loved one with a memorial donation.
Many options can offer significant tax benefits.
Please contact your attorney or financial planner to make an arrangement that works best for you.
Support our Fundraising Events
Our parish conducts a number of events that provide fellowship and an opportunity to gather as a parish family. Many of them are also fundraisers, which help support our Saving for the Future Fund, School Endowment and Religious Education programs. These events are successful only with your participation, and they are not possible without a small army of volunteers! Please visit our events page to learn more about what events are planned and how you can become involved!
Remember to use AmazonSmile when shopping online! Select St. Maria Goretti Parish/School and Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to SMG!
St. Maria Goretti Parish and School, and the Religious Education and Youth Ministry programs are now accepting online payments for Sunday envelopes, school tuition and fees, religious education and youth ministry tuition and fees, hot lunch payments, and more!
- Go to https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=598 to create your secure profile to start making your payments and gifts online.
- Once your profile is set up, click on “Make a New Gift” to get started! (Note: All payments are identified as “gifts,” as this is an online giving program. Please allow up to six working days for the payment to appear in your account.)
- Please be sure to enter your envelope number in your contact information if you choose to make your envelope payments online. This number can be found on your envelopes, or call the parish office.
- This program allows you to control every aspect of your giving and payment activity. You select which payments you would like to make and when, whether you would like it to be a one-time payment or recurring, set the amount and more.
- Only ACH (checking account withdrawal) payments can be made through this system; we are not accepting credit cards at this time due to the costs involved.
- As special collections or events come up, we will add them to the menu of available payments and leave them open until the timeframe for that payment has passed. This could be used for special envelope collections, event tickets, field trip fees, etc.
- The current Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) program for Sunday envelopes will remain available and no adjustments need to be made unless you choose to switch to the new online giving system. If you do make the switch, please contact email@example.com to cancel your EFT payment.
Go to https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=598
and start making your payments online!