We welcome all parishioners and community members to join on of our outreach ministries. We offer many opportunities to serve our community at St. Maria Goretti and the greater Madison area.
Outreach Updates - Helping Our Neighbors in Need
Red Bins - St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry is distributing food in pre-packaged boxes and would prefer monetary donations rather than food donations, but you can still drop off food donations in the red bins in the corridor. This food will be given to the food pantry at the Catholic Multicultural Center or to the seasonal workers at the Queen of Americas Mission in Cambria.
Pregnancy Helpline Sharing Center is now open for curb side pickup during their normal business hours. Clients should fill our a form requesting what they need and the items will be available for pick up on they day they have selected. Please see the Pregnancy Helpline website for the form and to sign up. Since the re-opening, we are in need of donations of diapers and other baby products. Please place the donations in the Pack-n-Play in the corridor.
Update on our Current Ministries
- Queen of Americas Mission - The seasonal workers have returned and we are celebrating a Mass on Sunday evenings for this community. Read more
- SVDP and the CMC are still operational but have modified how they are assisting people.
- The SVDP food pantry is pre-packaging food and people can pick it up as a drive through.
- The CMC is still serving meals but they are "to go" served from the parking lot and prepared by CMC staff. Read more
- The Meadowood Neighborhood Center is closed as long as the schools are closed.
- Joining Forces for Families has closed their offices but staff are taking phone calls and emails from home.
- Our Care Team is contacting their partners by phone - no face to face contact.
Preparing for Future Needs - While helping our neighbors today with food and other necessities is needed and appreciated it is important that we think about what the future will hold for many of our neighbors. When things return to normal, bills will come due and many families may not have the money to cover them. Without assistance, families may find themselves homeless. If you can afford to do so, please consider donating to the Outreach Fund.
Support Outreach Ministries
For cash/check donations, please use the monthly blue Outreach Envelope. We appreciate your generous support for all the various outreach ministries. Thank you!
- Give Online (Outreach Fund)
Support Our Parish
In gratitude for God’s generosity, we dedicate a sacrificial portion of our gifts of time, talent, and treasure to serve Christ and His Church by supporting the needs of our parish.