Outreach - Helping Neighbors in Need During this Time
We continue to think about how we can help our neighbors in need during this trying time.
Here is the status of our current ministries:
- SVDP and the CMC are still operational but have modified how they are assisting people.
- The SVDP food pantry is pre-packaging food and people can pick it up as a drive through.
- The CMC is still serving meals but they are "to go" served from the parking lot and prepared by CMC staff.
- The Meadowood Neighborhood Center is closed as long as the schools are closed.
- Joining Forces for Families has closed their offices but staff are taking phone calls and emails from home.
- The Care Team is contacting their partners only by phone -- no face to face contact.
- Pregnancy Helpline is closed.
Rent and utilities are not really a problem now but if the quarantine goes more that a couple of weeks and people are not paid for their time away there will be big problems in April and May.
Prayer for a Pandemic
May we who are merely inconvenienced
remember those whose lives are at stake.
May we who have no risk factors
remember those most vulnerable.
May we who have the luxury of working from home
remember those who must choose between preserving their health or making their rent.
May we who have the flexibility to care for our children when their schools close
remember those who have no options.
May we who have to cancel our trips
remember those that have no place to go.
May we who are losing our margin money in the tumult of the economic market
remember those who have no margin at all.
May we who settle in for a quarantine at home
remember those who have no home.
During this time when we cannot physically wrap our arms around each other,
let us yet find ways to be the loving embrace of God to our neighbors. Amen.
- From the Interfaith Hospitality Network, Cincinnati, OH
We welcome all parishioners and community members to join our Outreach Ministry. We offer many opportunities to serve our community at St. Maria Goretti and the greater Madison area.
Support Outreach Ministry
For cash/check donations, please use the monthly blue Outreach Envelope. We appreciate your generous support for all the various Outreach ministries. Thank you!
- Give Online (Outreach Fund)
Support Our Parish
In gratitude for God’s generosity, we dedicate a sacrificial portion of our gifts of time, talent, and treasure to serve Christ and His Church by supporting the needs of our parish.