First Communion Prep
First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion Preparation (Grade 2)
In addition to regular faith formation in Family Catechesis or SMG school, this year involves preparation activities for the family, parents, and student. The primary aim of sacramental preparation is to ensure that students approaching the sacraments are suitably instructed and properly disposed.
Program Information & Calendar 2020-2021
- Program Info - First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion
- Calendar - First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion
Sacramental Preparation (Grade 2)
Enrollment in Family Catechesis - See Religious Education
- Attend monthly sessions, Mondays at 4 p.m. or 6 p.m.
- Family Registration Fee $60, Family Catechesis $30, and Sacramental Fee $60
Enrollment in SMG School
- No fees, included in school tuition
First Reconciliation Preparation (October-January)
Parents - If you have not previously signed in to FORMED, visit formed.org to sign up as a parishioner.
- Watch Forgiven - Session 1: Where are You? and answer questions (Due Nov 30)
- Watch Forgiven - Session 2: An Encounter with Mercy and answer questions (Due Dec 31)
- Watch Forgiven - Session 3: The Rite Explained and answer questions (Due Jan 15)
- Family Adoration (30 minutes per month, October-January)
- Family Church Scavenger Hunt at St. Maria Goretti and another Catholic church
- Watch Reconciliation Videos by Fr. Bill (3 Videos)
First Holy Communion Preparation (February-April)
- Watch Presence - Episode 1: God Is with Us and answer questions
- Watch Presence - Session 2: The Story of the Eucharist and answer questions
- Watch Presence - Session 3: Bread for the Journey and answer questions
- Family Adoration (30 minutes per month, February-April)
- Family Symbol Scavenger Hunt at St. Maria Goretti (February)
- Parent & Communicate Retreat (March)
Return to Religious Education
Religious Education Coordinator
Support Our Parish
In gratitude for God’s generosity, we dedicate a sacrificial portion of our gifts of time, talent, and treasure to serve Christ and His Church by supporting the needs of our parish.