Early Bird Registration 2021-2022
Early Bird Fees (May 15 - June 30)
Early Bird Registration Fee - $60 per family
- Add per student - Family Catechesis (Grade K-8) - $30
See regular registration fee below
Family Catechesis Program (Grade K-8)
This program brings parents and children together to pray, to learn the truths of the Catholic faith, and to understand and celebrate the sacraments and liturgy. Our goal is to encourage and equip parents to fulfill their God-given duty and privilege of educating their children in the Catholic faith.
“Family catechesis ... precedes, accompanies and enriches all other forms of catechesis. Thus, there cannot be too great an effort on the part of Christian parents to prepare for this ministry of being their own children's catechists and to carry it out with tireless zeal.”
- Pope Saint John Paul II, Catechesi Tradendae
Sessions & Sacramental Preparation
Please click on the topics below to learn more.
How does the Family Catechesis Program work?
The Family Catechesis program is designed to allow parents to grow in their faith along with their children. Session will be held once per month, October through June.
At least one parent comes with his/her child/children. Parents gather to hear a presentation from an adult faith formation leader while the children go to their grade-level classrooms for an age-appropriate lesson on the same topic as their parents. Parents work with their child/children to complete the rest of the weekly lessons at home at their own convenience before the next monthly session.
For families with children entering a sacramental year (First Reconciliation & First Communion or Confirmation) additional meetings and preparation will be required. More information on sacramental preparation can be found below.
- Family Catechesis (Grade K-8) - Mondays at 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. (First Monday of month, September through May)
- Confirmation Year 1 (Grade 8+) - Meeting during above session
- Confirmation Year 2 (Grade 9+) - Sunday mornings or Sunday evenings (October through April)
- Calendar - Family Catechesis (Grades K-8)
- Calendar - First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion
- Calendar - Confirmation Year 1
- Calendar - Confirmation Year 2
- Coming soon!
First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion Preparation (Grade 2)
In addition to regular faith formation in Family Catechesis or SMG school, this year involves preparation activities for the family, parents, and student. The primary aim of sacramental preparation is to ensure that students approaching the sacraments are suitably instructed and properly disposed.
Confirmation Preparation (Year 1 & 2)
Confirmation Preparation is a 2-year program for students (Grade 8+) to prepare to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. Preparation will be a process of study, prayer, and service to others. Candidates should understand that this process is a model for Christian living throughout their adult lives.
Fees & Payments 2021-2022 - Pay Fees Online
Family Registration Fee - $75 per family
Non-parishioner Family Registration Fee - $90 per family
- Add per student - Family Catechesis (Grade K-8) - $40
- Add per student - First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion Preparation - $60
- Add per student - Confirmation Year 2 Preparation and Retreat - $115
If you have any payment questions, please contact the Religious Education Office at 608-271-8081 or email@example.com.
Support Our Parish
In gratitude for God’s generosity, we dedicate a sacrificial portion of our gifts of time, talent, and treasure to serve Christ and His Church by supporting the needs of our parish.