Becoming Catholic (RCIA)
What is RCIA?
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a faith journey by which adults prepare to become Catholic or finish their initiation into the Catholic Church. The Sacraments of Initiation are Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Communion.
RCIA is a process of discerning one’s readiness for this commitment.
This Process is For
- Those who have never been baptized
- Those who have been baptized in another Christian faith and seek to join the Catholic Church
- Those who have been baptized Catholic, but have not had the opportunity to prepare for and receive the remaining Sacraments of Initiation
This Process Entails
- Deepening one’s knowing and believing in Jesus Christ through Scripture and prayer
- Learning about and participating in the Mass and Catholic devotions and prayers
- Learning what the Catholic Church believes and teaches about God, the Church, and living as a Catholic
- Understanding the Creed, and preparing to profess it
- Being a part of a parish community through praying together, attending parish events, and volunteering with fellow parishioners
This Process and Your Calendar
- Formal sessions with the St. Maria Goretti RCIA Team are usually scheduled once a week, September through April
- Time for personal prayer and reflecting as you prepare to become Catholic
- The reception of the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Communion usually take place during the Easter Vigil on Holy Saturday evening
This Process is Ongoing
Living one’s Catholic faith is an ongoing process. Attending Mass each Sunday is important. Being part of a Catholic parish is important. The bonds that develop in belonging to a parish community are an ongoing support in living as a disciple of Jesus Christ as a Catholic.
For more information or to register, please contact Sr. Denise at email@example.com.
Support Our Parish
In gratitude for God’s generosity, we dedicate a sacrificial portion of our gifts of time, talent, and treasure to serve Christ and His Church by supporting the needs of our parish.