Join us for the 10th annual SMG Parish Auction!
The annual parish auction is our biggest fund-raising event! It provides an opportunity for parishioners and their family and friends to gather in fellowship and thanks for our parish community. Watch for more details and sponsorship opportunities in the coming weeks!
In the meantime... we have many opportunities to help!
We need lots of help to solicit, track down and gather donations. There are many ways you can be involved!
- *Sponsor a silent auction item! Brainstorm with friends and family to think of an item you think would generate some active bidding and either solicit or purchase it for donation.
*Experiences are very popular auction items! Whether it's a boat ride, ski package, or tickets to an amusement park or a movie or concert/live theatre experience, these items will generate some enthusiastic bidding.
- Can't think of an item? Cash donations are always greatly appreciated to help with costs of food and decorations, as well as to purchase items we think will create some active bidding.
- We love scrip cards! When you're buying scrip in the coming months, add a $25 (or more!) gift card for a local restaurant or business to your order and donate it to the auction! (Did you get a gift card for Christmas you don't think you'll use? Donate it!)
Always please check expiration dates and other restrictions on gift cards and certificates.
We use lots of gift cards for silent auction items and mystery boxes. Donating scrip cards helps not only the parish but also our school AND your family can earn a tuition credit at the same time! WIN, WIN, WIN!
- Think of a theme for a group of gift cards. For example, how about "Around the Capitol Square" or a group of Middleton-specific gift cards? Help us solicit gift card/certificate donations from various businesses and restaurants in that area to be grouped together as an item. Pictured is a grouping of Verona gift cards sold in the 2016 Auction. (Please let us know what you're working on so we don't duplicate efforts!)
- Requesting donations is easier than you think it is and most places LOVE to help (and promote their business)!
Are you a business owner or manager interested in helping your parish and promoting your business at the same time? Make a donation or be a sponsor (contact the Auction Committee for more information)
- Be creative! Let us know your ideas!
- Join us at Nakoma for the auction!
It is a lovely, relaxed evening of fun and fellowship as we support SMG!
The move to spring was overwhelmingly positive; Nakoma is a beautiful setting with outdoor patio space where lots of people enjoyed the warm evening while supporting SMG!
Dress in summery attire (it IS a luau after all!), or make it a dressy evening out - up to you!
Even if you can't join us at at Nakoma for the event, watch for online bidding to start the week before the event. Each year we've had online bidding, the number of "remote" bidders increases, with more and more winning their items! (...but do try to come to the event - it's such a nice evening!)